The Links, Incorporated is an international, not-for-profit corporation established in 1946, whose membership consists of more than 16,000 professional women of color. The local St. Petersburg-Tampa Chapter was chartered in 1951 with 13 visionary women from St. Petersburg and Tampa. On June 26, 1987, the newly organized Tampa Chapter of The Links, Incorporated was chartered with 24 members — including Gloria Adams Andrews, the First President, who has served the organization and community for 55 years.
Collection materials include documents and history from each of the 12 presidents of the chapter, along with additional items including membership rosters, school and community partnerships, news clippings, financial statements, meeting minutes, newsletters, photographs, scrapbooks, and speeches.
Extent: 18 linear ft. (12 boxes)